Sunday, January 4, 2009

So this New Years Eve and New Years Day we decided to take the boys sledding for the first time (besides in our front yard). The first day we went with Jane and the kids while our husbands worked.
We get there and surprise, surprise Jaimin refuses to put his snow pants or boots on. So I just let him go in his Levis and shoes, I was pretty sure he wasn't going to wear his snow clothes so I brought extra clothes so he wouldn't freeze all the way home. Anyway Jones was a little nervous so I told him Jaimin and I would go down first to show him how fun and not scary it is. Well Jai was more than willing to go but as soon as we took off the screaming started. He screamed all the way down the hill and as soon as
we got to the bottom he jumped off and ran to
the car and locked himself in for about 20 minutes. So Jones was more nervous now but I talked him into going with me. He ended up enjoying it but would still not go down by himself. After a few times of me going down with him I realized that sledding is not the best thing for people with back problems. Luckily Jane and the kids were there to help until he was comfortable doing it himself.






After about 20 minutes I decided it was time to
force Jai out of the car. He put up a fight but once he realized I wasn't making him go down he was okay. He had fun telling everyone when to go. For some reason he decided that it would be fun to go down on his butt. So that is what he did, the only problem was his shoes were too slippery to climb up the hill by himself so Jane and I took turns helping him. By the end of the day both of our butts were sore, mine from hiking him up the hill and his because it was bright red and frozen. Boy am I glad I brought extra clothes.





We had so much fun we decided to go the next day so everyone else could go. This time Sayla, Josh, and Lydia came but Jane was too sick. I think everyone had a lot of fun. This time our problem was that we had more people and only one sled. Mark and I went to 3 different stores and couldn't find one. Josh even went to a store and they were out, so he ended up borrowing a friends. You would think that in Utah they would keep a good stock of sleds. I went to 4 more stores on Friday and only found 1 crappy one. Oh well the kids had fun.


Here is a picture of Jones going down by himself for the first time. If you look close you can see the look of terror on his face.










1 comment:

Robin said...

It was fun to see all the fun and excitement. It's interesting that you could predict Jaimin's reaction to the snow clothes and smart of you to bring extra dry ones. Thanks for sharing.