Monday, July 13, 2009

So this weekend we got invited to go to Grand Junction Colorado for Mark's friends birthday. Mark decided to take Jones while I stayed home with Jaimin. Jones was so excited because he found out they were going to go fishing which he had never done before. The first day of fishing Jones caught 7 fish, more than anyone else they were with. He was so proud of himself. Most of the time they were there they were fishing except when Mark took him on a tour of his old neighborhood. He even took Jones to visit his little brothers grave.
Jones had a ton of fun getting some quality time with his dad and did surprisingly well for being the first time away from me and Jaimin. I on the other hand had a hard time being away from him and Jaimin missed Jones terribly. The house was unusually quiet all weekend. I am glad things are back to normal! Now I guess it is my turn for a vacation!







3 comments:

Robin said...

It sounds like a fun trip. Mark always did say he wanted to fish for a living. I'm glad Jones enjoyed it so much. It really did well catching "7" fish - wow!

It made me tear up when I saw Jones as the gravesite. It still is hard sometimes.

Thanks for sharing.

Mom

Angie said...

Jones looks so cute with his fish.

patti said...

I love the look on his face in the picture where he's holding up the fish--just so proud of himself. That's seriously adorable.

I still can't believe how much both of those little boys look like you!!