Thursday, July 28, 2011

Catching up

Ok so it has been a really long time since I have posted any pictures so I thought I would post a bunch of some of the things we have been doing the past few months. Unfortunately most of the time we have gone to do fun things I have forgotten my camera. Anyway here are a few random ones. Here is a picture of Jones and his second grade teacher on the last day of school. He LOVED her!! He cried for two days about not having her as a teacher and was worried that he would never see her again, even though she lives just down the street. At first I thought it was cute that he was sad but by the end of the first day it was pretty annoying. She gave them all a DVD with pictures of things they had done throughout the year and he would watch it over and over. And now that school is a month away he is upset and doesn't want to go. Typical kid I guess.


Here is Jaimin and his Kindergarten teacher who he loved as well. He was pretty sad about not having her anymore but never cried about it. She was perfect for Jaimin, very patient and understanding. If only all teachers could be that way.


And of course soccer. Jones got put on this comp team back in October/November and has been loving it ever since. It surprised me how exciting their games have been, definitely not like the city leagues. I love seeing him play!


Jaimin turned 6!! I still can't believe it. Here he is with the gift Jones gave him. If you know Jaimin he is obsessed with Lego's. Anytime I would ask him what he wanted to do for his birthday he would respond by saying "I just want to follow the instructions on Lego's. So for his birthday he got lots of Lego's.


Here he is holding one of the smallest gifts. The funny thing is he had been begging all day to open that one because he knew it was the shape of one of the small Lego's he wanted.



For his birthday we went swimming (yes we forgot the camera), went out to lunch, went miniature golfing, another one of his favorite activities, and then came back home and has a small party and did fireworks. I have to say it was one of the best firework shows yet. The whole time we had been dealing with our grumpy neighbors turning on their sprinklers and coming out acting annoyed or saying stuff. Well it was time for the final fireworks which was one of the areal ones that are now legal. Well in the middle of them going off it tipped over and was aimed right for the two houses that had been jerks the whole night. Their front yards looked like a war zone. It was awesome!! Everyone clapped and laughed when it was over. All of the other neighbors that were out there with us told us that it had made their night. Of course the grumpy ones had to come out. One laughed about it and the other one just kept cursing.


The next few are pictures of the boys out in Grouse Creek. If you have never heard of it, it is a small town in the north west corner of Utah, kind of in the middle of nowhere. Anyway it is where my great grandparents lived my family has kept the house and has a lot of property out there. So many time during the summer my dad heads out there, this time he took my niece and nephew and Jones. Jaimin decided to go so Mark took him as well. While they were there my they rode 4 wheelers, horses, learned how to drive the old truck, and had bon fires. They had a ton of fun. My dad said they rode the 4 wheelers for hours. Jones now wants to live there.







So Mark made a last minute decision to take the boys up camping and fishing. And of course this is the only picture we got. I took it before they left and then Mark forgot to take the camera with him. They ended up taking one of my older my sisters and her kids and my little sister and her husband. They had so much fun they decided to leave all their stuff up in the mountains so that I could come back up with them the next night. I was thrilled, not! I just haven't been in the mood to camp lately. Not feeling good and sleeping in a tent just doesn't sound very relaxing to me. But I went anyway and ended up having fun. It is always fun to watch my boys have fun. So in the end I was glad I went.




The rest are just some random pictures of the boys having some fun this summer.


































2 comments:

Robin said...

I went to pinterest.com to see some of the quilts. I clicked on the blog under one of the pictures of a blue cupboard full of quilts (it was fabulous) and was able to see some other wonderful things like a quilt on the ceiling. Thanks for pointing out this site to me. It's going to be fun looking at everything quilty.

Enjoyed your blog and the pictures today.

Mom

patti said...

I need to do this too! I've been the worst blogger ever....oh well. Looks like you guys had a busy and fun summer. Cute boys!