Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Do you think they ever learn?

So the other day Jones decided to jump off the side of our stairs from about 8 stairs up, and ended up hurting his ankle. Two days went by and he was still having a hard time walking on it and at times would just crawl. So we took him into the doctor that night for x-rays. As of right now they don't think it is broken but they said there was a lot of swelling around one of the bones. We were told that sometimes the break doesn't show up until after the third or fourth day when it starts to heal. So in a week if he is still walking funny we go back in for more x-rays. Anyway he has to wear an air cast for awhile. As soon as we got home from the doctor he jumped up onto the counter, (another place he likes to jump from). You would think that him hurting his ankle would keep him from going to high places but obviously not. Luckily I walked in just in time to catch him from jumping off. I guess kids are made to keep their parents on their feet.

5 comments:

patti said...

The same thing happened to Luke's ankle...except he was 3...and I was carrying him down some stairs in heels and we took a tumble together. It was awful! He hardly cried so I didn't think it was broken. There was swelling for a few days and then they eventually saw the fracture. Ya, I felt like an awesome mom that day. At least YOU didn't break Jone's ankle by falling on top of him! Be grateful for that...;)

Aleesha said...

No, kids never learn.

If you're still going private I want to be added to your list. My e-mail is aleeshapm@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Jones fell out of bed one night and hardly complained so i didn't take him in even though my gut told me to. Anyway a week later we went bowling and i went to grab his arm and he screamed. i finally took him and both bones in his arm were broken. i felt like a terrible mom for waiting so long. So patti i kind of feel the same.

Brooke said...

All I can think of is the reunion when one of your boys (sorry, I can't remember which one it was, but now I'm thinking it was Jones) jumped from the top of the big toy thingy and Mark comes racing in like some sort of super hero and catches him before he hits the ground. It was awesome!! Ya, you've got a little daredevil on your hands:)

Anonymous said...

I actually think it was jaimin, he always thinks he can do anything on playground equipment, especially the pole to slide down. I forgot about that.